LoveBlog - As the light rises, so does the shadow
Have you ever been on a cleanse? Cleanses are a nice way for the body to get rid of toxins. Often times, the toxins come to the surface and manifest in different ways; headaches, moodiness, acne, nausea, so on and so on. The toxins could be the good we eat and/or emotions. If we keep up with the cleanse, keep drinking plenty of fluids, I also find prayer and meditation to help gain strength and clarity, we will make it through with our body, mind and spirit clear and healthy. There are many different types of cleanses; just eating clean and drinking water will cleanse the body. There are extreme cleanses, mind cleanses and everything in between cleanses. I use this example because our world is shifting and moving into a higher vibration. We can tell by feeling but also by watching. Over the past year especially, we have had so much violence. Which are our shadow selves coming to the surface. Our toxins if you will. There are also a lot more people wanting to become peaceful and loving, our light side. We need the shadow self to come to the surface so we can recognize, grow, heal and let go. As this shift occurs to the light, there will be those that feel left behind and fearful. They will and have acted out. People are fearful currently because of the new president elect and the future of the USA. I for one want to give him a chance. Not to say I voted for him, but he was elected. Let's see. There are people I trust, that are good, loving people that say give him a chance. Regardless of if you do or not, if you're reading this, know you always have a choice; will you choose love or fear? Will you choose light or the shadow? It resides in us all. Remember, as the light rises, so does the shadow. As you become a brighter light, those around you may feel left behind, be gentle with them. Which brings us to this week's love tip; you have both light and a shadow side inside you. It's your choice which one comes to the surface. Honor them both.
Choose light but also allow the shadow self to come to the surface to be healed and transmuted to love and light.
I have some ways in which you can continue to be the light.
First off. Protect yourself energetically. You can use these at any time. Especially helpful when encountering those with a deep shadow. Ways to protect yourself; ask God to protect you and keep you safe.
Hold your hand over your stomach. Imagine a cocoon of golden light being wrapped around you.
Here are some ways to continue raising your vibration. (As you raise your vibration, you help to raise the vibration of the world.)
- Meditation and prayer
- Walking in nature
- Growing something
- Digging in the dirt
- Respecting the earth.
- Being around and learning from children and animals. Children and animals are the closest to god and they are light filled beings. They can teach us a lot about love and life. They can teach us to play, forgive, let go, have joy, have an open mind and so much more. Allow them to.
- Volunteer. Get out and help others.
- Hugs. The benefits of a hug; Did you know that hugs release oxytocin and serotonin which can boost the immune system, combat feelings of depression, anger and loneliness. It is extremely effective at elevating the levels of happiness. Hugs relax our muscles, increase the circulation of blood flow, and allows the central nervous system to take over from ‘fight or flight.’ All of this, and it doesn’t take that much time to give/receive a hug. It has been said, that we need four hugs a day to survive, eight for maintenance and twelve to thrive.
- Use white light. To do this, first ground yourself. Then imagine a white light above you; could be a candle, a lighthouse, a star or anything else that shines. See the light being poured over you and move through your whole body. See the light fill up your body. Do this whenever, wherever. Take it up a notch and see those you love and care for filled with light. See those whom are challenging you filled with light. See situations and places filled with light.
- A way I have found to make situations peaceful and to help forgive is to send people blessings or love or light. For example: Let us say someone cut you off while driving, after you're done cursing at them, send them a blessing, love and/or light. Ask and say thank you for protection. I have found more often than not, this works. Even for people that don't believe in any of this, there's a shift and a change.
- Being active and/or yoga. If you would like to practice the physical form of yoga here's the Dharma Yoga Schedule. Dharma is my yoga home, where I teach and practice.
If you found this post to be helpful, please share. And if there's someone you think would benefit from it, please forward onto them. If you like this post and would love more love sent to you join the LoveLetter here. It's free! Just the way love should be.
Peace, Love and Hugs,